Uneven Suture Job with Lower Blepharoplasty, Will It Flatten?

I am very pleased with my lower bleph. However, I am concerned with the suture job on my right eye. My right seems too tight at the end farthest from my nose leaving a pinched appearance and it's not completely closed, it looks like a slit. I am only 10 days post op and just 37 years old. Will this eventually heal as perfectly as my left eye and flatten out or will this show forever?

I recommend that you address your concerns with your surgeon.

+2

Your surgeon's PA likely sutures beautifully.  It is very common for one side to lag a bit behind the other in the healing process.  Of course this often causes people to hypothesize all sorts of explanations.  The bottom line is that small issues present right after surgery have an amazing way of resolving on their own given time to heal.  It is hard to be patient.  

Eyelid skin is quite forgiving and may look the same after a few months.

+1

If you have concerns, address them to your surgeon.  Eyelid skin is quite forgiving and over time everything will probably work out OK.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Different incisions, different healing

+1

Remember that having both eyelids operated on means you've had two separate surgeries in close proximity to one another.  They'll heal at different rates and may not look the same for a while.  It is best to allow for complete healing before making any judgments.  If after several months there is still a noticeable difference in the scarring, ask your surgeon about scar revision.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Skin Healing

+1

A picture would be helpful but the incision will continue to mature and heal with time.  I would give the final result time to declare itself over several months

Sutures of lower eyelid incision

+1

I can not comment on the suturing result without seeing you.  However, it is still very early and you may need to give this a few months to settle down.

Bad Suture Job with Lower Blepharoplasty, Will It Flatten?

+1

I agree that this is a question and issue that you should discuss with the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your eyelid surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com