Bad Surgeon?

In oct 2011 I had nose surgery to correct a collapsed valve. The surgery was covered by insurance and the dr said he would improve the tip. Fast forward my breathing became worse and the appearance of my nose was altered dramatically. I consulted with two drs in New Orleans and Birmingham. Both were more thorough than my dr and explained that it was complicated but could be done. My expected 2 hr surgery lasted 4. I paid 8,000. Can I go after original drs e and o?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

You can but here is the deal

+1

Hi,

Sorry you have had such a bad outcome.  Its miserable to go through surgery and end up with worse functional and aesthetic results. 

In America you can go after anyone for anything.  You can sue anyone for anything and some lawyer somewhere will take on your case and may even win it for you.  

But the question you need to ask yourself is why did you not see these other two more thorough doctors at that time and why did you not seek other consultations and why did you not seek other opinions at that time?  Why did you choose this doctor at the time?  Whose fault is it that you made the wrong decision?  These are all important questions.  Of course there are lots of lousy surgeons out there but they keep busy because patients make wrong decisions and keep them in business.  Personal responsibility is important.  At this point I think you should focus on finding a good revision surgeon and less on "going after" the last doctor.  I wish you the best of luck

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialistsurgeon.com/

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Requiring a Revision

+1

Rhinoplasty is always a functional and aesthetic surgery with some aspects of each going counter to one another.  Without all of the specific details of the surgeries and preoperative exam, it is difficult to determine what happened.  Realize that rhinoplasty is one of the two or three most complicated and highly variable surgeries wherein patient healing characteristics and constitution figure prominently into the result.  Even expert surgeons can have less than desirable results.