How bad is scarring from tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift?

I understand that the scarring caused bye the brazilian butt lift are very minimal. However, from what I understand is that surgeons can contour/shape the tummy by drawing fat from this region and then tightening it up or something of this nature. I have seen many pictures on this site of women post-op and there is a very raw and apparent scar near their lower waist line all around. Is this scar permanent when healed?

Since scars are permanent, it is very important that they be placed in an inconspicuous location.

+1
A tummy tuck scar is always placed low on the abdominal wall so it can be covered by underwear or a bikini.  All scars fade with time and become less noticeable.  The fat transfer that is done for a brazilian butt-lift is performed through very small incisions so those scars are barely seen especially if they are place asymmetrically.

+1

The tummy tuck scar will be present but will improve over time.

A physical exam would be necessary to make a determination about the appropriate intervention.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck  and Brazilian buttlift procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Scars after TT

+1
Scars are permanent marks but depending on your quality of scarring, it may fade over the time. Some people develop very good scars that look like a scratch, but some other do not. I would be dishonest if I tell you the contrary.
There is NOT a miracle procedure to get rid of the saggy skin (liposuction, laser, vaser, massage, cream, injections, machines, etc) once you develop a certain degree of saggy skin and stretch marks on the abdomen, the Tummy Tuck is the only procedure that will bring back a nice and tight abdominal skin and tapered waist.
Do not be afraid, it will be worth it.
Photos will be a great help in order to evaluate your case.
Have a great journey.
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Scarring

+1
All scars are permanent though they fade with time. I think what you are describing though is a trunk lift that would lift the buttock as well as remove excess skin and fat from the abdomen and flanks. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon