Can Bad Scarring After V-Y Lip Augmentation Be Fixed?

I had the V-Y lip augmentation in 2003.This has turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life! 7yrs later & I'm still dealing with tightness and thick scar tissue inside my lip. My lip no longer turns up when I smile and is very uncomfortable. It looks abnormally flat with certain expressions & laughter. I hate it!! Is there anything that can be done to make it not so tight & give my lip a more natural movement? I feel self conscious every day! The original surgeon refused to help :-(

The scar tissue in your lips might soften with a triamcinolone injection.

+2

I read your concern, and I'm sorry you're having a difficult time after your V-Y lip advancement. You should consider getting a second opinion from a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the art of lip enhancement. I've been able to offer improvement to some of my patients that had scarring and asymmetry from previous surgical procedures performed by other surgeons.

Feel free to email your photo along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip Augmentation by V-Y advancement flap leaves significant scaring.

Some of your symptoms can be attributed to scars.

Board Certified plastic surgeons are familiar with flaps and flap reconstruction, the different varieties of flaps whether it is a mucosal flap or myocutaneous flap will make a significant difference.

Scars can be softened by different methods

Choose your surgeon carefully this time and weigh all your options