Bad Scar Tissue Remains After V-Y Lip Lift 8 Years Ago, What Are my Options?

Had a V-Y lip advancement 8yrs ago. I have a class 2 malocclusion/overbite which made the result exaggerated. My lips are uneven due to a chunk of scar tissue on the right side of my upper lip it's pushing the lip out even further.I've since developed a bad habit of grabbing the chunk of scar tissue/flesh with my teeth.I want it removed! The V-Y has also left my lip with a very flat & unnatural look. I tried the steroid injections, they did not work for me. What are my options?

Correcting lip lift problems

+2

Looks like you need a revision with excision of the scar tissue and thoughtful closure to advance in the right direction.  Seek the advice of a plastic and reconstructive surgeon to correct this!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Lip surgery

+1

A revision can be done to correct the problems with the scar and the lip. See a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY) and discuss your options