Really Bad Scar Tissue In my Stomach after having a Hernia Repair back in March 2012?

I am a 48 year old Female, I went in to have a Hysterectomy In September 2011, And a Hernia Repair how can I get rid of this Scar Tissue that is really pain full and still swelling, I'm exercising an eating right but I can't get rid of it are stop it from swelling when I exercise, do you have any suggestions.

Scar Revision

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said I have performed many revisions to remove abdominal scars. Please read the link below which explains excising scar tissue. Also included in the article are before and after photos. It is important to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in surgically removing scars.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Tummy tuck often allows for revision of previous abdominal scars

+1

It sounds like you have a socked in scar from your hysterectomy. This is pretty common and I am not sure why but maybe the gynecologic surgeons don't pay as much attention to the different layers of fat and muscle and skin when they close their incisions?

Whatever the cause, a well done tummy tuck can often incorporate any lousy abdominal scars below the belly button and replace a lousy and painful scar with a nice, smooth scar just above the pubic area.

I recommend you consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD