Bad Rhinoplasty. Can I Get a Round Nose Again Without Looking Awkward? (photo)

went to get a reduction on my nose hoping to reduce size but keeping the same nose appearance.. do not know what to do... i guess doctor added something to my tip that makes it look more round ... my nostril also where round and made them triangular had open rhinoplasty.... help please, i have felt depress and uncomfortable because its not my nose its a completely different nose.... its one yr after surgery Is tthere any way I can get a round nose again without looking awkward?

Ethnic - African American Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It looks like the tip is more bulbous and big than before. Ethnic - African American Rhinoplasty is the most challenging surgery in cosmetic surgery. You need to find someone with alot of experience in this area. I have dedicated an entire website and 15 years in practice to Ethnic and African American rhinoplasty. You can also send me your pics and I will image them for you so you can see what your nose would look like after surgery.

Dr.S.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

You most likely have scar under the skin of the tip of the nose. It is one year now so you would be a candidate for revisionary work. I think you just need to make sure you choose a good board certified surgeon who is an expert at Rhonoplasty surgery. I think you will need the scar excised and probably some cartilage reshaping or grafting to refine the tip. Ethnic noses can be so very tough. The skin is a little bit thicker in your nasal tip than most and that makes the underlying changes we make more difficult to see.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Bad rhinoplasty

+1
The already small nose with thick skin can pose particular challenges. Revision can help, though a round nose is hard to understand clearly and computer imaging to try out changes might help you get a better understanding of goals and limitations.

African American rhinoplasty revision.

+1

African American rhinoplasty revision for your nose would involve removal of excessive scar and soft tissue and possible grafting in the bridge which looks lower. See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Secondary ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

From your pictures, it appears that you have developed post operative scar formation under your tip skin. This is a common occurrence after ethnic rhinoplasty. With revision, all these scars have to be removed and your tip reconstructed. It is of utmost importance, that you follow up regularly during the post operative period as steroid injections are needed to keep the scars at bay. Consultation with a rhinoplastic surgeon with extensive experience in ethnic noses would help avoid further problem.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Alta0416, Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your rhinoplasty procedure. An in office consultation would be necessary for a direct examination. A copy of your operative report and previous before photographs would be helpful to a new treating surgeon. Upon direct examination and reviewing your records a proper assessment and treatment plan would then be advised. In my opinion your nose may be corrected to a more desirable aesthetic result so be patient and make sure you go to a surgeon who is an expert in rhinoplasty surgery. Three times is not a charm in rhinoplasty so you will want to make sure you are in the proper hands. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Bulbous tip

+1

Your rhinoplasty was not an easy one...although honestly none of them are ever "easy"....some just easier than others.  It looks like you have very thick skin in the tip of your nose.  If you are still in the first year since surgery, some Kenalog, a steroid, injected into the area above the tip, the supratip, might help.  If not, you might need more cartilage in the tip to provide structure for the skin to drape over.  Often something called a shield graft will help in this situation.  I have attached a link below to a nose with thick skin and a shield graft.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon