Is It Bad to Have Too Many Rhinoplasty Surgeries?

I have already had two. The first was strictly for a deviated septum. The second was for aesthetics but it went really bad. I need to get it fixed. Is it going to be a problem?

Too many surgeries?

+1

There is no absolute maximum number of rhinoplasties that you can get as long as the skin is healthy.  If you are still unhappy after multiple rhinoplasties you must consider a couple of possibilities:
1. Are your goals realistic
2. Are you choosing the best possible surgeon for your procedures

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

The MORE the Nose is operated on the HARDER it to "Get it Right"

+1

Each time one gets operated on, the blood supply to the skin and internal structures changes and scar tissue gets deposited. While there is no set "safe number" of cosmetic operations beyond which bad things happen, all ethical plastic surgeons would tell you that it is best to "get it right' the first time around rather than try to get it with a second, third or fourth operation. each operations raises the rate of complications and patient unhappiness.

Dr. Aldea

Undergoing multiple rhinoplasty surgeries

+1

It is certainly acceptable to undergo a revision rhinoplasty surgery. Your septoplasty for a deviated septum did not affect any of the nasal structures itself. It is not a problem and it is certainly acceptable to proceed. Make sure you look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasties and is very comfortable with difficult revision rhinoplasty surgery.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Wait for a revision

+1

A septoplasty does not do anything for the outside appearance of the nose. You can have a revision of your outside but you should wait at least 9months to one year for all the swelling to go down to see exactly what you want done. Then, find an expert plastic surgeon and go to consult with him. Watch my video.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

After septoplasty and Rhinoplasty, you should see if you're a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.

+1

All revision rhinoplasty surgeries are difficult, and less predictable than primary Rhinoplasty surgeries. If you're dissatisfied by the appearance of your nose, you should consult a specialist familliar with the proper use of Injectable Fillers for nasal enhancement. These non-surgical procedures work well for reducing irregularities provided your nose isn't too large. Feel free to email your photos along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you. You should leave a third nose job as a last resort whenever feasible.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

My best advice is to seek a surgeon who is experienced with revision rhinoplasty.  Scarring, deformities, the ability to harvest cartilage grafts is always variable and requires on the spot decisions.  In most cases the "first" revision is less complex than deformities from multiple surgeries, however this is also dependant on the extent of the previous procedures.  Do your homework!

Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

How many nose jobs are too many?

+1

In reality, this is only your second cosmetic surgery and that is reasonable. However, the answer to your question is: yes, you can have too many surgeries. As more and more scar tissue is created, the normal tissue planes become obliterated and healing may be complicated.

Too Many Rhinoplasty Operations

+1

With each successive operation there is increased risk of complications because of the presence of scar tissue, decreased circulation, and compromised structural integrity. Although rare, over the years I have decided not to do surgery because of these problems. We are all aware of Michael Jackson's nasal issues. Having said that it is essential that you are carefully evaluated by an experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon.

How many rhinoplasties is too many?

+1

Sorry to hear that you are in need of a revision. There is no absolute number in terms of how many rhinoplasties are safe. The answer is really very specific to each individual and depends on what was done during your previous surgery. We have seen patients who've had only one previous surgery in which the nasal skin was severely damaged which presents real problems for a potential revision. We have seen other patients, on the other hand, who've had 3 or 4 operations but were in much better condition as far as revision prospects were concerned. In almost all cases, a revision in the hands of an experienced revision specialist can make substantial improvements. Talk to a few doctors to get a feeling for what makes sense to you.

All the best.

Rhinoplasty revisions

+1

Revision rhinoplasty can be difficult because the skin envelope can become very delicate over time.  Be careful.