Will I Get Bad Results if I Don't Wear my Compression Garment After Tummy Tuck and Lipo?

Success at TT & lypo 50% surgeon,25%garment 25%equipment plus posterios LPG massage

+2

yes you should utilize  your garment  day and night at least during the first 3 weeks  and latter only in the  day spetially when you go back to the gym

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Garments & Liposuction

+1
People that receive the best results are the ones that wear their garments (especially for liposuction) for up to 2 months post procedure.  This helps with the contour and shrinking of the skin.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Compression garments and liposuction

+1

Compression garments are important to achieve optimal outcomes from liposuction.  They give comfort.  Compression reduces swelling and supports skin as it heals to underlying tissues. They reduce also bruising and seromas.

You should definitely wear compression garments

Vasdev Rai, MD

Follow your plastic surgeons instructions for compression garment use

+1

If your plastic surgeon instructed you to wear compression garments after surgery, he/she has your best interests in mind. I'm sure you would like the best outcome after surgery, right? Compression after liposuction and tummy tuck will help to resolve swelling and reduce the risk of the formation of fluid under the skin (seroma). If your garments are uncomfortable, let  your plastic surgeon know. Your surgeon could probably make suggestions for an alternative garment. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Garments after surgery

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, my experience is that compression garments add comfort and aid in healing.  I am a big proponent of garments, but you you should discuss with your surgeon about reservations against their use. Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Compression garments offer support after surgery

+1

There is no proof that wearing or not wearing a compression garment after surgery will affect the final outcome or lead to more or less complications.  That being said, most patients are far more comfortable in a compression garment since they seem to help control swelling for the first few weeks to months.  The garment may help prevent a fluid build up such as a seroma, but this has not been shown scientifically.  Unless there is a compelling reason not to wear it, it probably helps.  Make sure to discuss it with your surgeon before discontinuing it.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Compressive garments are encouraged but are not absolutely necessary after abdominoplasty.

+1

I'm not really certain why you are rebelling against a compressive garment after body contouring surgery. If for some reason you found that you could not wear them it does not necessarily compromise result. Most patients do not have a problem with them.

Compression garments

+1

Compression garments are very important.  Not only do they help keep your swelling down, but they help to facilitate internal healing (helping to prevent fluid collections called seromas).   If you are non compliant with your garments, it can create problems with your healing and result.  Please follow your PS postop care instructions carefully.  Best wishes.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS