I Have Had Bad Plastic Surgery and my Nose is Deformed, What Are my Options?

my nose is deformed with an inverted v, poly beak plus its generally misfigured, what are my options? if i take donor cartilage from my ribcage, were does that leave my ribs? does rib cartilage grow back? or does that leave my rib with insufficient cartilage? I dont want to take donor material from my ear, after the bad experience with rhinoplasty i dont want to do any surgeries on my face that i can avoid also, I have read on the internet about reshaping the nasal septum using fiber laser?

Rib cartilage for rhinoplasty

+2

Most revision rhinoplasties can be done without using rib.  If rib is required, cadaver rib is very safe.  If your own rib is used, the donor site defect is minimal and only part of the outer portion of your rib is taken.  An in-office exam would be required to determine your best course of action.  Make sure you go to a  board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Options to Treat "Deformed" Nose after Rhinoplasty

+2

Without pictures it is impossible to know what you need. My website has instructions on views necessary for nasal evaluation. Better yet, consult with a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Some revision rhinoplasty  procedures do not require grafting since there's been incomplete removal of tissues to start with.  This is called reduction revision rhinoplasty. An inverted V. will most likely require spreader grafts which can hopefully be harvested from the inside  the nose without having to go to the ear. The nose is always the best source of cartilage  when grafts are needed. Ear cartilage is the second best cartilage when the nose has been depleted of cartilage. After that, consideration for rib may be entertained.

Bad rhinoplasty result and rib graft?

+1

A rib graft or a rib from a jar ( cadaver rib) can be used to augment your dorsum if necessary.  Best to be seen in person if you need a revision.

Homograft irradiated rib cartilage graft is a great option

+1
For those needing revision rhinoplasty with cartilage grafts, a homograft irradiated rib cartilage graft (cadaver source) is an excellent option with a long track record of safety and efficacy.  There is no donor site incision required.  A consultation with an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon would be the first step to determine what your best options are.

Anurag Agarwal, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  For revision rhinoplasty, it is best to have an in-person consultation to determine what the situation is both on the inside and outside of the nose.  When rib cartilage is harvested, a small portion is removed so that the rib itself is still intact.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek while still allowing you to breathe through your nose.

Kimberly Lee, MD