Bad Otoplasty in Spain, Opinions Please? (photo)

Hello there. I had my otoplasty done 29/02/2012 now is 08/03/2012, its been a week, but my ears have this 'telephone' effect, specially the right ear! both are still swollen, the right ear more than the left ear. I've read in this site a guy complaining about the same thing but after two weeks his ears improved and folded back. I went to my surgeon but since I was wearing the head band, they looked better. He said after a week I just wear it during the night. What do you think? Thank you.

Otoplasty telephone effect and what to expect after the procedure in the first month

+1

Your otoplasty results are still healing. During the first month or so the ears can stick out more than expected with the swelling and so patience is a virtue at this time. Based on the pictures, the ears do not exhibit a significant telephone effect. I would explain all of these things to your doctor and he will better be able to tell you what to expect. But if you are not satisfied a second opinion wouldn't hurt. There are many surgeons that might be able to tell you via phone and a video consult.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

You appear to have an acceptable result after Otoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You do not appear to have a 'telephone' deformity. You have natural-looking improvement as compared with your pre-op photos. You're very early in your post-operative healing. If you're still dissatisfied in 2-3 months, feel free to reask your question with photos.

All the best from NJ.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon