Unhappy with Rhinoplasty Results

I had a rhinoplasty on 20/01/2011,I'm so unhappy with the result,I find my nose is too short and flat,tip is pinched bridge is too curvy,doctor had 20years of experience,board certified plastic surgeon.now my right side of tip has a big dent, doctor think everything is normal.

when my splint was removed on 5th day there was a bump on lift side of my nose rest of my face wasn't swollen at all, my doctor took out blood with a syringe which made my face extremely swollen and last for month.

Unhappy with Rhinoplasty Results

+3

You have multiple problems after your rhinoplasty. Wait at least a year before having surgery by an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Unsatisfactory result with rhinoplasty

+2

I agree - this result could be improved significantly. Your original nose - long, narrow, thin-skinned - required a very specific approach to get good, predictable results. Similarly, revising your nose will require very specific maneuvers, performed with great precision, to avoid additional complications.

I would recommend consultation with a second surgeon, ideally one with SIGNIFICANT experience with internal and external nasal form and function, who performs rhinoplasty on a very regular basis.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+2

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy after your Rhinoplasty.  I have not examined your nose, so I must add that disclaimer but from the photos that you provided it does appear that your nose has at this time:

1. an open roof deformity from over-resection of the nasal bones
  2. an over-resection of the nasal tip cartilages

You are about 3 months post op from your original Rhinoplasty and in another 3 months would need a revision Rhinoplasty to re-break and close the nasal roof and/or add a dorsal graft if the nasasl bones are of insufficient height to meet in the midline.  The nasal tip could be softened and make more symmetric with a conchal cartilage ear graft placed in the nasal tip.

It's always best to try and have the original surgeon do the Revision Rhinoplasty unless you do not feel that you want to continue with him/her, in which case you would need to have consultations with plastic and cosmetic surgeons with good reputations performing Revision Rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Sorry that you are unhappy. First, I would recommend waiting a full year before undergoing any revision.  Second you should go to a surgeon with your original pre-op photos and review with him/her what you want corrected.  Good luck.

You may be a candidate for a well-performed Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure. Video attached.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed your photos. You had a dramatic change in the appearance of your nose. Most experts may suggest a "surgery-only" approach, but my hunch is that you may benefit from a well-performed Injectable Filler procedure. In my practice, fillers may be used to raise the height of your bridge so it's not so curved. You can also have volume added to your tip to soften the pinched appearance and restore symmetry.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with rhinoplasty-poor result.

+2
You should be dissatisfied with your rhinoplasty result. All rhinoplasty surgeons have an occasional minor imperfection. Your result is different in that you have many problems that will require an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who does NATURAL noses.

Unhappy with Rhinoplasty Results

+2

your result is less than desirable.Please allow your nose to fully recover and look out for truly fully qualified rhinoplastic surgeon  for  a revisional nasal surgery.

Erel Laufer, MD

Unhappy rhinoplasty results

+2

From your photos all can see that there are some problems with your result that will take some time to sort out. Based on your photos before there are characteristics in your nose that make your particular rhinoplasty more challenging such as the length, the under projection of the tip, the thin nostril, and narrow bridge. Yet despite the challenges some things may turn out well. Computer imaging is very important for a non Caucasian nose to preserve subtleties when necessary and 'try' results. At this point, you should wait a year and let the tissues soften and then put revision into the works.

peterejohnsonmd

Rhinoplasty revision

+2

Sometimes even in the best of hands less than desireable results can happen. Going to a board certified doctor with many years of experience is a good start. In addition you should alway check to see how the doctors photos look. How many photos are there and do the results match the type of results you're looking for? These are the types of things you should look for. Having said that it does appear that you will need a  revision sometime in the future. You should probably wait at least 6 months to a year after your original surgery date.

David E. Kim, MD

Rhinoplasty

+2
Dear Sumi, I am sorry to see that you have less then desirable results from your surgery. Many of the problems you have can be fixed with a revision rhinoplasty. While your other surgeon was a board certified plastic surgeon with 20 years of experience I am going to guess not 20 years of rhinoplasty experience. You will need to wait some time for revision surgery typically one year from the primary procedure to fully evaluate what will need to be done. You have several situations going on that need correction you need bilateral osteotomies, correction of the dorsum and tip. Your nose should be a subtle natural change that fits properly on the features of your face I am sorry this is not what your received. You only want one more surgery for revision choose wisely, talk to many patients, review hundreds of photographs. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD