Should I Return to the Same Surgeon for Rhinoplasty Revision?

I had a nose job three years ago, when I was 21 years old. I have been very unhappy since then. One side of my nostril goes in and the other goes out.He offerd to do a few revisions. Is it smart to go back to the same surgeon? I cannot afford to pay another surgeon.

Surgeon Choice for Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

As long as you have confidence in your primary surgeon, you can have him/her do the revision. You should get another consultation(s) before making a decision. Do not select a surgeon solely on the basis of cost.

Unhappy with rhinoplasty

+2

Monika, rhinoplasty revision surgery is the commonest revision in cosmetic surgery. So dont dispair but do seek more than one opinion from experienced revion surgeons. Of course your original doctor may well be qualified and less expensive. Ask around and do your research on line as well.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Same surgeon for rhinoplasty revision?

+2

You have voiced your displeasure about the results of your rhinoplasty from three years ago. I think it wise to have a conversation about revision surgery with one or 2 other surgeons that specialize in revision rhinoplasty surgery to get there opinion and get your concerns addressed. 

I would let the surgeons  results, your comfort level with the surgeon and not the price drive your decision. Most cosmetic surgery offices have financing options that will discussed with you.

Be patient. Be thorough. Remember you'll be looking a your nose for a long while yet.

Good Luck,

Dr B

Anifat Balogun, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is important to have good communication with your surgeon. If you have a plan, and discuss your options and feel your surgeon can achieve what you are looking for, then it is fine to stick with he or she. If not, it is also perfectly ok to seek an opinion from another rhinoplasty specialist who you feel may better suit your needs. I hope this helps answer your question. Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Monica,

You expressed that you have been very unhappy because of your nose for the past three years.

• If the only problem is with your nostrils and you surgeon otherwise had done everything well. then do consider going to him after discussing it with two more surgeon.
  • Otherwise consider being evaluated by a surgeon specializing in revision rhinoplasty. Good Luck

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Depends

+1

Hi,

It depends.  If the surgery was completely wrong the 1st time and a total major revision needs to be done, then a 2nd time with the same surgeon makes no sense. 

However, if the surgery was done well but you happen to heal in a way that needs a minor revision then going to the same surgeon is the right thing to do because he knows best what he did to your nose on the inside. 

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon