Bad Nose Job All Around, Can This Be Fixed? (photo)

I think I made the biggest mistake in having rhinoplasty. I had a nice nose before but wanted some refinement. So far after 3 weeks and 2 days (I know its early) but everything I think is going for the worse. Beside the huge pain I have and the stuffiness, I think my nose looks crooked now, the nostrils are completely different, shape and size. And the columella showing from the right nostrils is coming out and looks gross.I hope all of this, pain and esthetic, can be fix with a revision. Thank U

Concerns after rhinoplasty

+3

Hi there,

At 3 weeks post op it is simply way too early to see the final shape of your nose.  It will take months to appreciate the change if it is a nuance rhinoplasty.

Having said that, it would be wise to discuss with your surgeon, especially in light of the asymmetry you see.

As others have said, preop pix would be very helpful. 

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post-op

+2

It is extremely common for the nose tip to appear up-turned in the first few weeks after rhinoplasty due to stiffness and swelling of the tip and columella

Sam Naficy, MD

3 1/2 weeks is too soon to consider revision rhinoplasty surgery.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. Your nose will continue to change as your swelling resolves: especially in your tip. You may consider getting a second opinion from a reputable revision rhinoplasty specialist to see what might be best for you.

All the best.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy 3 weeks after rhinoplasty

+2

Hard to judge results without pre-op pictures....

In any case it is too early to assess final outcome.  Wait 6 months and see what happens.  

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Rhinoplasty

+2

I am sorry that your experience has been difficult.  However, 3 weeks after a Rhinoplasty and lip lift is very early in the healing process.  Swelling, subtle abnormalities, nasal stuffiness, are all completely normal at this point. Most Surgeons will encourage patients and allow for 6-12 months before considering revision surgery

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bad Nose Job All Around, Can This Be Fixed?

+2

Yes you have a deviated septum/columella in this early healing phase. BUT you did not post before photos so we could compare. Best to allow 6 months healing before revision surgery. 

You need to wait several months before deciding that you need revision

+2

Not knowing where you started makes it difficult to tell what has been done. But your nose does not look as bad as you think. Relax and give it some time. Discuss with your doctor, as there may be some thing that can be done now to modify slightly, such as taping etc. After several months reasses with your surgeon, and hopefully you will be happy with the result. If not your surgeon should be able to offer the best deal financially for revision, but if you need to, find an experienced Plastic Surgeon for a second opinion.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with rhinoplasty

+2

I think that you are jumping the gun too fast. Many of the things you are describing will get better as the swelling goes away. From what I can see I do not think that you will be able to really assess the results till 3 months after surgery. That's when the majority, but not all, of the swelling will have gone away. Be patient and continue to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

+2

Thank you for your recent post operative photographs however preoperative photographs would be necessary to help determine what was done during your procedure. I would discuss all of your concerns with your surgeon as most of these are clearly visible in your photographs. During almost all rhinoplasty procedures that I perform I address the functional aspects of the nose as well as the aesthetics. You may want to discuss what was done in this regard as well due to your breathing difficulties. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+2

It is always nice to see preop photos to see where you started.  Right now there is swelling, and you will have to wait for that to come down.