Does a Bad Nose Fall and Swollen Nose Restrict Me from Any Physical Activity?

A day before, I fell down, and the top of my nose (NOT the tip) hit right on the edge of the step. Icontinuous nose bleed for at least 3hrs… x-rays were taken and no bone was broken. My right nose swollen up fairly bad - right eye can feel the disturbance. My left side swollen very slightly. My right nostril passage clear Im a cross country athlete, so when can I resume my running? I have a hiking trip in 2 months’ time, would this accident affect me in any way? 15 year old girl.

Nasal injury and physical activity

+1

Worst case scenario is that you didn't break your nose but could have suffered either a septal deviation or a minor septal hematoma.  If your breathing is rapidly improving, however, and you feel you are doing well in that regard the textbook answer would be 2 weeks and you're back to full board activity.  If you are struggling to breathe at this stage go in for urgent ENT consult.  Otherwise, have at it!

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon