Is It Bad to Have Nose Bleeds 2 Weeks After a Rhinoplasty?

I am 14 and had a rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. My doctor said no swimming in oceans or lakes for 4 weeks after he took the bandage off, which was a week after the surgery. However, he said the chlorinated pools are fine. I probably should not have been exorcizing but, I went for a run, swam in a pool, and did a spinning class, this past week. For the past 2 days, I have had off and on nose bleeds. Is that a function of exorcizing too early, or is there something wrong with my nose?

Nasal bleeding is the most common problem associated with Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

In my practice, patients are restricted from exercising for 3 weeks after surgery since this may cause nasal bleeding. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and follow up with him for an examination.

Good luck.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose bleeds after rhinoplasty

+2

I do not allow my patients to perform aerobic exercise for at least 3-4 weeks after rhinoplasty for just the reason that you probably had nose bleeds. It can exacerbate them.

Nosebleeds after rhinoplasty

+2

Nosebleeds the first few weeks after rhinoplasty are due to incomplete healing, and exercise can stress things and be a cause of the bleed. Best to let things heal a bit more before your next mini triathalon.

Nose Bleeds 2 Weeks After Surgery

+1

Dear Ally,

Exercising may have caused your bleeding but other causes could not be ruled out without a physical examination.

For instance, if you developed a dry nasal mucosa then nose bleeding could occur.

Usually, you should not engage in the described physical activities before you reach the mark of 3-4 weeks post-op.

I recommend that you have your surgeon take a look at your nose because if your nose bleeding persists then it will impact your recovery negatively.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best of Luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nose Bleeds 2 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose bleeds may be secondary to strenuous physical activities but I would schedule an appointment with your surgeon for an evaluation.