Bad Lipo Lumps

I had bad liposuction on my thighs 10 years ago and still have lumps to this day.   Is there anyway to get rid of these lumps once and for all..??

Liposuction lumps and bumps can almost always be improved.

+2

Liposuction lumps and bumps can almost always be improved with further treatments such as micro cannulas liposuction or fat grafting or just fine undermining the fibrous bands or adhesions. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumps ten years after liposuction

+1

If the lumps are solitary raised areas, then an attempt at focal liposuction in these areas is worthwhile as they may represent residual fat. If you have indentations adjacent to the raised areas, those indents can be treated by fat injections often with good results but sometimes it is difficult to smoothen the surface. If it's not swelling but fat, and ten years after liposuction it is not swelling, then endermologie and Velashape won't help much.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Post Liposuction lump revision

+1

Revision of lumps after Liposuction requires correction of the cause. The three causes are leaving fat that was not removed, removing too much fat, or loose skin that did not contract. Of course, you could also have a combination of more than one. Correction, therefore, requires either more liposuction, fat grafting, removal of the excess skin, or a combination. Discuss this with a Plastic Surgeon with significant experience with liposuction and fat grafting.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Lumps from lipo

+1

COntour irregularities can develop from liposuction. It is difficult to say what you need in terms of correctionw ithout examining you. Sometimes it is as simple as doing more liposuction, sometimes it requires fat grafting to augment deficient areas.

Lumps or bumps, dimples or irregularities, cellulite following lipo or liposuction

+1

These are very difficult to remove and may be reflective of loose skin which can only be improved via dermolipectomy (thigh lift) procedures. Discuss this with a plastic surgeon who is comfortable with these procedures. AT this point in time, I am not a strong believer in non-surgical interventions such as mesoltherapy ("fat melters") or radiofrequency,  non-invasive technologies (Thermage or Velasmooth or Alma)