Bad Lipo Suction, Can I Fix It? (Photo)

i had brazilian butt lift using fat grafting in January. 8 moths has pass and my stomach look very uneven. will it change when i gain weight? is there a way that i can fix it? if so how much? thanks.

Bad Liposuction Results & Pictures- How to Fix Them!!

+2

skin irregularities after liposuction can happen to any pastic surgeon no matter how well of a surgery they do. Every single plastic surgeon who has had much experience and is an expert has had patients such as this. Unfortunately, skin tightening after liposuction can not be controled and this can happen irregardless of the technique. To fix skin irregularties or lumps after liposuction is extremely difficult and even risky. Like other well experienced plastic surgeons I have used pretunneling techniques with fat grafting, with some good and some worse results. Thererfore, I war patients with skin irregularities after liposuction to be caucious about getting more surgery. 

Hills and Valleys of Liposuction

+2

Contour irregularities can occur with liposuction and should be discussed as part of the risks/benefits portion of the consultation process.  If 8 months have passed then fat grafting to the valleys of the contour deformity can improve areas of concern.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Contour problems

+1
I noticed some areas with contour irregularities on the lower abdomen and around the umbilicus.  After you have had time to heal completely (minimum of six months) those problems can be managed if they do not resolve on their own.

Fat grafting, contouring liposculpture, and mini tuck are just a few examples of procedures used to improve your results.  Gaining weight may worsen the contour unless you were heavier when the procedure was performed. Liposuction is best judged when you are at your operative weight.

Mild compression may help in the reduction of focal edema which may improve the contour.  Endermologie and chemical lipolysis are of limited value.

It is best to discuss your options with your plastic surgeon as he or she is probably most interested in achieving your complete satisfaction.

Robert B. Louton, MD
Altoona Plastic Surgeon

Hard to impossible to fix overdone liposuction

+1

When liposuction is overdone or done too close to the skin, not leaving a healthy blanket of subcutaneous fat, it can be impossible to fix.  Occasionally, some judicious additional liposuction of high points and injections into low points can help but you should let at least 9-12 months pass before seeing if anything can be done.  Remember that if you do anything it needs to be done with extreme caution rather than aggressiveness.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Difficult problem

+1

In my opinion this is a very difficult problem to solve.  Give it another 4 to 6 months to see if you will get imporvement.  If not then I would stay away from further surgery as nothing will make it look like it should.  Look at before/after photos of similar cases to you to get an idea of the amount of improvement with further surgery; this will give you an idea if it is worth it to you to consider futher surgery.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Liposuction Revision, Possible Fat Grafting

+1

Liposuction results can be "lumpy" if too much fat was taken and  an uneven layer of tissue was left behind.  Improving your abdomen  may require a combination of cautious removal in ares of excess and fat grafting to the shallow areas. Sometimes skin tightening with an abdominoplasty is a good solution.  Photos help somewhat,  but a good physical exam by an experienced surgeon is needed to give you the advise you are seeking.  Be sure to use a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Contour irregularities

+1

How far out are you.... I have seen small contour irregularities improve greatly over time.....

Alan Weiss, MD

Liposuction and irregularities

+1

Irregularities after liposuction is usually caused by an uneven superficial liposuction. Most of the time when I've tried to correct these problems you need a combination of additional liposuction and fat injection into the irregularities. When the irregularities are caused by over suctioning the superficial fat than liposuction alone may not be able to fixed the problems.

You can usually make an improvement but it is difficult to make a perfect. Make sure that she still did not have the swelling left even though it's 8 months later. If the irregularities change when you massage the abdomen then you still have swelling.

Wendell Perry, MD

Irregularities of abdomen following liposuction

+1

Irregularities following liposuction are not uncommon. Sometimes they can be treated by focal, careful liposuction; other times, by local fat injections. An examination could better determine what approach, if any, would be best and most prudent for you.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Lipousction irregularities

+1

Sometimes liposuction is done too aggressively and can lead to contour irregularities. Without an exam it is difficult to say what can be achieved for you.