Bad Labiaplasty Surgery? Need Someone to Correct.

Hi. week ago, my wife did a labiaplasty surgery in one of the best Israeli clinics. It's too early to judge, but we afraid the surgery was done not perfectly. First of all, vagina is opened now when she lays down and spread legs, more of the weirdness is that the surgeon sewed the rest of labia minora to labia majora, which is not what I saw on the pictures. Is that okay? Could you recommend a very professional surgeon to restore what was done? Please assist I can provide pictures if need

Labiaplasty revision surgery is often necessary to improve results

+1

An examination would be helpful.  Labiaplasty surgery should take into account that natural looking results provide longlasting satisfaction for patients.  I perform many revision surgeries and feel that once the swelling subsides, scar revision or revision labiaplasty may provide improved results. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/body/15/labiaplasty.aspx

Revision of labiaplasty

+1

It is very difficult to judge the result of any surgery after only 1 week.  Your wife should be patient and wait at least 5-6 months before any revision is attempted.  Revisions are more reconstructive in nature than primary labiaplasties.  Therefore you should seek out the most experienced surgeons in this field and get more than 1 opinion.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty revision

+1

No attempt to revise the labia should be done until she is at least five months after her past procedure. She probably had a trimming labiaplasty. Her  appearance will be better in five months, and the swelling will be less.  She needs to control her anxiety and wait.  The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction.  I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago.  She may need various reconstructive techniques to give her a good appearance but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone.  She only gets one more good chance to reconstruct her so she should be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Sincerely

Gary J. Alter, M.D.

Labiaplasty Revision

+1

Although a photograph is worth a thousand words, it sounds like too much tissue was removed. It is possible that everything is due to a lot of swelling and it will turn out fine in the end.  I would recommend discussing first with your operating surgeon and then seek a second opinion after 2-3 months more of recovery.  Glad I could help...RAS

Web reference: HTTP://WWW.DRRYANSTANTON.COM