I Have Very Bad Jaw Asymmetry, What Are my Options?

I don't think I have had this all my life, had a lot of orthodontic work done in teenage years, some adult teeth removed as jaw too small, top teeth were to a v point, I still have one wisdom tooth left lower left, desperate for options as self confidence is shot!

Bad Jaw Asymmetry

+1

What you describe is a developmental jaw deformity, a problem that is best managed by orthognathic surgery performed by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon; or a plastic surgeon who also has oral and maxillofacial surgery or craniofacial surgery training.

A jaw (mandible?) asymmetry is rarely isolated. Usually both jaws and teeth are involved. A full work up is indicated here to understand the problems. A treatment plan is then devised based on these problems. This could result in recommendations for orthodontics, upper and lower jaw surgery and chin surgery, too.

Be well and good luck!

Bad Jaw Asymmetry

+1

Without photos, it is impossible to make a recommendation.   You may be a candidate for a chin implant, but only an exam by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon can determine that. Consult with a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.  Best wishes!! 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD