Is It a Bad Idea to Get my Nasal Implant Removed, and then Get a Rhinoplasty Revision?

I'd like to get the Gore-tex implant removed from my nose because I feel it is too high and unnatural. I'd like it a lot shorter and smaller width-wise, and I'm thinking it would probably be easier for another doctor to get an idea of what my nose looked like originally before he operates on it.

Implant removal

+1

The Gore-tex implant can be removed and switched to a smaller cartilage graft from your septum or rib

Nasal implant removed, and then get a rhinoplasty revision

+1

Photos sure would have been a great help. But in that regards I have removed nasal implants and done a revisions at the same operation.

From MIAMI DR. B

Nasal implant removal and revision rhinoplasty

+1

Make sure that you seek out a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to deal with the complicated revision rhinoplasty you have described. The Gortex implant can be removed, however, it is quite difficult. Preferentially, your own cartilage should be employed whether it is ear cartilage or nose cartilage, before using synthetic implants. The only exception to this would be Asian noses or a silastic implant placed such as a Flowers nasal dorsal implant made by Implantech. It is very important that you have clear communication and dialogue with your rhinoplasty surgeon prior to embarking on a revision rhinoplasty surgery.

Rhinoplasty Revision with Implant Removal

+1

Select an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to remove the implant at the time you have the reconstructive surgery, probably using your own cartilage. There is no advantage to having two separate procedures.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The doctor that performs your revision rhinoplasty should remove the gortex implant. If you have two surgeries that will be twice the scar tissue. So choose one doctor to do all the work.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS