I Have Really Bad Goofy Teeth,how Long Will I Have to Have Braces For?

i have had goofy teeth for a long time,my two front teeth,and the ones next to them are aswell but aren't as bad,how long will i have to have braces for?

Treatment Times for Goofy Teeth Can Vary ;)

+1

Based on just that one photo, it is pretty tough to give you an accurate estimate of your time in braces, but I can talk about how long it might take for the two most likely scenarios: 

1. If your lower teeth are fairly straight, and are in good position to your upper you would be looking at a very quick treatment especially if your orthodontist is using an efficient braces system like Damon Braces. Broadening your smile to make space for your upper front teeth might take as little time as 12-15 months.

2. If your upper arch is more forward than your lower arch in addition to the crookedness, this will take a little bit longer to correct, and you might be looking at 18-24 months in braces. There are some nice tools like a Carriere Distalizer that can move your upper arch back where it belongs without putting on full braces right away. You'll spend less total time in braces this way, which I am sure would make you happy.

Whatever the case you'll probably need to help your orthodontist out a bit by wearing some rubber bands (elastics) to get yourself done with braces as soon as possible.

Allentown Orthodontist

Treatment time, time in braces, duration of orthodontic treatment

+1

It's really difficult to tell for sure, but it appears that you have a Class 2 bite.  A thorough orthodontic exam would need to be done for sure, but this treatment normally takes about 2 years to complete.  Hope that helps and good luck!

Ron D. Wilson, DMD
Gainesville Orthodontist