Bad Under Eye Wrinkles at 26. Tried Retin-A With No Results?

I am 26 soon to be 27 and have bad wrinkles under my eyes and crow feet area that are there even when I do not smile. This really concerns me and I have been using a retin A prescribed cream for a year now. What are my other options? I hear you can't inject Botox under the eyes above the cheeks.

Crows feet and wrinkles under eyes

+1

Typically we recommend Botox for the treatment of crows feet and it works quite well. However, if your wrinkles under the eyes are static and unresponsive to this, then consider an oculoplastic surgery consultation.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Bad under eye wrinkles at age 26

+1

It is difficult to give reasonable advice without seeing photos.  I agree with you that Botox may be your best option, and I disagree with the other doctor who replied as I am not certain that you need CO2 laser resurfacing at this age.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fine wrinkles of the lids

+1

Fine wrinkles of the eye lids are not and will not be treated with retin A alone.

Retin A does not treat fine wrinkles of the eye lids.

Retin A will prepare the skin for the final treatment with CO2 laser resurfacing which in my opinion still the gold standard for treatment of fine wrinkles.