Bad Bruising, Swelling & an Indent/cave in by Pubic Area?

3 wks post op, TT/Lipo/Fat Transfer. I feel like everything went wrong! I compare myself to other ladies at 3 wks & they dont look as bad as I do. I know swelling is normal but from my incision up im swollen & from incision and down, it drops like a ledge! NOT FLAT AT ALL! Not to mention the indent/cave in. Dr said its a suture & everything will smooth out. The bruise popped up 2 wks post op. This a bad Tummy Tuck job? Will it smooth out? Why does my tummy drop under inscision? HELP DRS!

Tummy Tuck Bruising and Swelling #tummytuck

+1

I am very sorry to hear of your concerns. As always photos would help but let me see if I can lend you some advice. Every surgery is different for every single patient. That is what I love about my profession as a Plastic Surgeon. For that reason, you may not look like your friends look at the same time points. Especially if you had different procedures done. Your body is not your friends' bodies. So keep in mind while it is very important for you to be critical, you have to also remember that your body is not someone elses body and may heal differently. You are very early in the post operative phase so I would say give things a good 3-6 months because your contour will change so much with time. Remember that there is a lot of lymphatic swelling early on because we have to cut through the lymphatics to elevate the skin. It can take a good 3 months for lymphatic swelling to resolve. I would recommend that you see if your surgeon knows of a lymphatic massage specialist in your area. I recently found an excellent one here in Scottsdale and have started using her services. I have found early on it make s a huge difference in the way my patients heal and their contour is much better sooner. Best of luck. Be patient.

Early Recovery after Tummy Tuck

+1

Everyone's tummy tuck and its recovery are different. The final results of your surgery are going to require at least three months until you have a good idea of the outcome. While three weeks seems like a long time to you, it is a very short time for a tummy tuck recovery. The long term issue is what your pubic mound shape (below the incision) will look like. This is actually an area that lies outside of the tummy tuck and often only becomes apparent when one lies above it becomes a lot flatter and lifted.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Early Tummy Tuck Results......Not Happy

+1

Sorry to hear about the angst following your tummy tuck.  Three weeks is very early following tummy tuck to evaluate results.  The indent/cave in that you are referencing by your pubic area represents the skin that used to be around your belly button.  This area has a natural concavity and is much thinner than the skin that is lateral to it.  The swelling above your incision line is normal postop swelling.  In regards to the bruising, this is all normal and a late bruise is not an uncommon event.  After a few months, you and your plastic surgeon can have an honest assessment and discussion about needs for revision.  Hang in there.

Stephen M. Chen, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Too Early to Tell...

+1

It is true that things will improve after three weeks as the sutures slowly dissolve and the swelling dissipates.  If you're still not satisfied several months from now, you may require liposuctioning of the pubic area or even some more tissue excised from the lower abdomen so that the pubic area is stretched and smoothed but please be patient and follow your surgeons advice for now...and stay positive!

Eric Sadeh, MD

Concerns after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety you are experiencing after tummy tuck surgery. Unfortunately, despite best intentions, online consultants will not be able to be of specific enough help to you. Consider posting pictures for more useful advice.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to specific thoughts, advice, and/or reassurance. Remember, that it will take many months, and even up to one year, for you to see the final results of the procedure performed.

Too Early To Evaluate TT Results

+1

Swelling and contour irregularities can occur 3 weeks after a combined procedure such as a tummy tuck, lipo and fat transfer. These tend to improve with time.  Seromas or hematomas can also cause contour irregularities.  You should discuss your concerns further with your surgeon.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

#TummyTuck gone bad versus Too early to say...

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is still early to assess for a final results.  In addition to that, a #fatgrafting procedure is only stable in volume at approximately 3 months.  #Tummytuck is a big procedure so give it some time for healing.  Get a second opinion if you are very worried.  If you could send us pictures, it would be easier for us to give you a more formal opinion.  Best of luck, Dr. Marc DuPere, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Toronto

Marc DuPéré, MD

Problems after an abdominoplasty

+1

Sorry that you are having problems.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and if you still have issues you may want to consider a second opinion.  If you have an infection then you may need to be placed on antibiotics.  

Bad Bruising, Swelling & an Indent

+1

Hard to evaluate without photos. Please consider posting some. All the best.