I've Got Bad Bruise Which Has Turned Black, Severe Pain by Cryo for 25 Min?

I applied cryo probe at my inner thigh for 25min at -5 degree centigrade and got bruise and burn which has turned black. It has been 15 days now & i've not recovered.

Cryoprobes are not coolsculpting

+1

maybe you meant to say cryoprobe which is used for destruction of benign (warts) and malignant growths but will cause blistering and scarring. Some internal cryoprobes have been used to treat keloid scars. This is not coolsculpting for fat loss which does not damage the skin although there can be sensitivity and bruising. Your cryoprobe lesion should be immediately treated and followed by your physician to minimize the scarring you may develop.

Necrotic skin is not from CoolSculpting

+1

You are describing frostbite (skin injury and necrosis from cold).  The procedure that you describe is not CoolSculpting, which does not damage the skin.  You should call the person who performed this procedure and ask to be seen and reevaluated.  Depending on the depth of the damage, you may need an expert wound care consultant.

Houston Dermatologist

Cryo Probe and not healing.

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you did not get Coolsculpting but instead had a specific cryo probe since you know the temperature at which it was set.  Since it is now black you may have developed an ulcer.  I would consult with a local hospital wound care center for evaluation and treatment.

Warmly,

Dr. Liu

Web reference: http://www.newportcoastdermatology.com

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Inner thighs

+1

If you had treatment of your inner thighs, this is an off label use of Coolsculpting and it sounds as if you are having complications that should be addressed immediately by your surgeon.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting?

+1

It sounds like you may have a treatment other than CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. Conform with the physician who performed your treatment, or by contacting CoolSculpting directly. 

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/coolsculpting.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon