I've Got Bad Bruise Which Has Turned Black, Severe Pain by Cryo for 25 Min?

I applied cryo probe at my inner thigh for 25min at -5 degree centigrade and got bruise and burn which has turned black. It has been 15 days now & i've not recovered.

Not coolsuclpting

+1
The FDA has approved coolsculpting for the inner and outer thighs, and the results can be excellent with proper technique. Your reference to a cryo probe suggests that you used an imitator rather than coolsculpting as there are no cryo probes in coolsculpting. Patient selection is key. Consult with a board certified physician who can provide both surgical options and coolsculpting to determine the best option for you.

Cryoprobes are not coolsculpting

+1

maybe you meant to say cryoprobe which is used for destruction of benign (warts) and malignant growths but will cause blistering and scarring. Some internal cryoprobes have been used to treat keloid scars. This is not coolsculpting for fat loss which does not damage the skin although there can be sensitivity and bruising. Your cryoprobe lesion should be immediately treated and followed by your physician to minimize the scarring you may develop.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Necrotic skin is not from CoolSculpting

+1

You are describing frostbite (skin injury and necrosis from cold).  The procedure that you describe is not CoolSculpting, which does not damage the skin.  You should call the person who performed this procedure and ask to be seen and reevaluated.  Depending on the depth of the damage, you may need an expert wound care consultant.

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Cryo Probe and not healing.

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you did not get Coolsculpting but instead had a specific cryo probe since you know the temperature at which it was set.  Since it is now black you may have developed an ulcer.  I would consult with a local hospital wound care center for evaluation and treatment.

Warmly,

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Inner thighs

+1

If you had treatment of your inner thighs, this is an off label use of Coolsculpting and it sounds as if you are having complications that should be addressed immediately by your surgeon.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting?

+1

It sounds like you may have a treatment other than CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. Conform with the physician who performed your treatment, or by contacting CoolSculpting directly. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon