Is It Bad to Do a Botox Session Again While I Still Have Eye Droop Side Effect?

When to do if I should wait? Help

I have an Eyelid Droop -- can I get more Botox?

+1
The safe approach is to wait until the eyelid droop completely resolves and the effects of the Botox have worn off before getting more Botox.

I would encourage you to seek the services of an experienced physician injector. I think the key lies in truly understanding the anatomy of the injected area, and more importantly the variability in the anatomy between patients -- for brows, the forehead, and anywhere else you plan on receiving a Botox injection. This includes having a firm understanding of the origin, insertion, and action of each muscle that will be injected, the thickness of each muscle targeted, and the patient variability therein. As an aesthetic-trained plastic surgeon, I am intrinsically biased since I operate in the area for browlifts and facelifts, and have a unique perspective to the muscle anatomy since I commonly dissect under the skin and see the actual muscles themselves. For me, this helps guide where to inject and where not to. However, with that said, I know many Dermatologists who know the anatomy well despite not operating in that area, and get great results.

Good luck.

Chestnut Hill Plastic Surgeon

Having Botox with a drooping eyellid

+1

I would recommend waiting until the issue with your drooping eyelid has resolved. In general, Botox lasts 3 months on average, and any issues associated with the Botox treatment should be resolved by around that time. Always make sure to choose an experienced physician to perform your Botox injections. This will ensure you obtain the best possible result, and will minimize the chances of any negative side effects occurring. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Eye Droop and Botox

+1

Its best to have this area evaluated by a skilled injector prior to any additional injections. Review of pre-injection photos showing your brow and eyelids both with and without animation will help evaluate the reason for the droop you are experiencing.

Jason S. Cooper, MD

Botox session

+1

You should consult your injector.  You would not have treatment yet in an area that is still drooping, but different areas could be treated if needed, for example, your crow's feet.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and Eyelid Drooping

+1

I would not recommend getting further Botox treatment while you still have an eyelid droop. The effect of your Botox treatment should be gone by about 3-4 months. I would wait until your eyelid position is back to normal, and then consider getting more Botox. As with all cosmetic procedures/surgery- be sure to have your treatment by someone who is well trained and experienced in this procedure.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Cangello

David Cangello, MD

Botox and "droop"

+1

It is best to follow up with the provider for further assessment and get their recommendation for next treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Asymmetry after Botox injection

+1

Correction is not recommended. Tincture of time is the consensus and 3-4 months is the median time for Botox effect to go away. Once it resolves, you can go for another injection to seek the desired symmetrical effect.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

When to do Botox treatment again

+1

An eyelid or eyebrow droop is quite uncommon in trained and experienced hands. That said, you're best off waiting until this resolves which is usually around 3 months, and then retreating but being extra careful to avoid another droop (your physician should know how to err on the safe side).

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

The eye droop is most likely from a droopy eyebrow from Botox injected too near to its location.  I'd wait until the eyebrow position returns before having more Botox and ask the MD doing the Botox treatment to remain 1-2 fingerwidths above the eyebrows to avoid another droop. 

If I have eye droop from Botox, how long before next injection?

+1

Botox will wear off in about 3-4 months, including the eye droop. This is when you should be retreated, as it would be the proper time for a next round of Botox anyway.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD