Why do BAD Botox results (cheeks ptosis, eye bags and hollows) last so long? There are stories here women waiting 6 mo to years.

This is making me nervous as I'm 1.5 months dealing with these issues ( cheek droop, eye hollows and under eye bags) and these stories are making me nervous that It won't be the typical 3-4 months as with good botox results. I don't have that pretty look I used to have People Only notice the eye bags. My before and after photos are so obvious. Why have some of these women waited so long and don't go back to normal? Will I be a victim like they are for so long?

+1

The effects of Botox usually last 3-4 months, I suggest you speak to your medical provider to further assist you

Negative Botox Results

+1

Botox wears off within 3-6 months. There might be some other condition going on that doesn’t have to do with Botox.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Bad Botox Results - How Long?

+1

Hi Marsha. I think you will find that with many patients on Realself.com that have claimed to have bad Botox results for over 4 months, the physicians on the site will disagree. It simply doesn't last more than 6 months. While many of these patients may have had a negative side effect to Botox (or Dysport) they also attribute many previous flaws, imperfections and issues to their treatment.

Whatever you don't like about your Botox should be resolved in another 2 months. If you feel it has not resolved, then you can go back to your original injector and compare the before and after pictures to get a better idea for what's changed, if anything. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox results

+1

If you did not get the results that you expected, you need to see your doctor asap. Botox can often be "tweaked" and improved if when the muscles relaxed you found other areas looking worse, it can often be easily corrected. Botox only lasts 3-4 months, so any effects you have will wear off. If you are already 1.5 month into it, it should be starting to wear off and will be gone soon. Make sure you go to a great board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with lots of experience with these injections to get the best results.

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Why do bad Botox results last so long

+1

There are a few reasons, potentially. One, people who are injected incorrectly means that muscles that normally wouldn't be affected by Botox now are and these may not rebound as quickly as other muscles. Two, when injections like these are done they need to be done by well-trained injectors (hopefully physicians). When they aren't, the depths of the injections can be different, the concentration different, etc. making it potentially last longer. Three, sadly, there are times when people on this site have been injected with either gray or black market drugs. These do not function in the normal way Botox does because they are simply not Botox. Have you posted your photos so those of us on the site can review and give you comments?

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD