Bad Bellybutton Piercing Scar/closed Up Overnight?

After less than a year, I left out the ring overnight and it closed mostly up. I thought I could repierce it in the shower, when skin was softer. Instead it created a new scar/hole. Haven't had a ring in it for five years. It's still open and accumulates debris/puss. Is there a way for it to be removed/closed/improved? It's annoying and quite painful when I attempt to clean it. A doctor told me it will fix itself if/when I get pregnant, and the skin stretches, but I would like a solution before then.

Scar revision techniques for belly button piercing scars

+1

Belly button piercing scars are easily repaired using scar revision techniques that include removal of the skin tunnel.