Bad Acne Immediately After Rhinoplasty?

I am 19, and just had a finesse rhinoplasty about two weeks ago, and now my always-been-perfect skin has broken out severely following splint removal. Im talking to my surgeon about it tomorrow, but i fear he's just going to pedal some expensive skin treatment that his center provides (which i can't afford after undergoing a rhinoplasty). Do you know of something during surgery that has caused this, and the solution to clear my skin?

Acne breakout after nose job (rhinoplasty)

+2

It is very common for the nasal skin appear acne prone following tape occlusion with the nasal splint. Traditional acne regimens, if permitted by your surgeon, are acceptable.

Acne breakout after nasal surgery

+1

Acne breakouts can occur from tape and splint placement. It is not uncommon to see some acne after their removal. While they may seem like expensive skin treatments, these medical-grade treatments are often very effective. There is a good alternative, however; I often recommend over the counter Cetaphil to my patients. It is a very gentle cleanser, and helps greatly with these acne breakouts. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne breakouts are common after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Even with pristine skin, you can get a break out after your derssing is removed. This can be due to blockage of the oil glands on your nose and face. Sometimes it can be an allergic dermatitis from the glue on the tapping. Bring your concerns to the attention of your surgeon. This breakout should resolve shortly. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Breakout Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Acne breakout after rhinoplasty occurs due the blockage of pores while the tape and splint are on.  Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon regarding the recommended treatment.  We have our patients wash with Benzoyl Peroxide wash.  It will resolve soon, enjoy your new nose. 

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Acne Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Acne can happen following rhinoplasty because of occlusion of sweat/ oil glands and compressive dressing, tape and splint that are commonly placed on the nose following Rhinoplasty.

The good news is that usually it is not permanent and will be easily reversed with over the counter acne treatments. Please check with your plastic surgeon and get his approval.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Acne after Rhinoplasty

+1

As other posters have said, the temporary acne is secondary to the nasal dressing. It is unfortunate you feel your surgeon will hustle to sell you expensive products - this is the person you trusted to operate on your face. Why don't you explain your concerns and ask for his/her advice.