Will I Go Back to the Smallest Size I Was During Recovery with Lipo?

It's been four weeks now since I had lipo of the bra line, abdomen, flanks, and inner thighs. Right after I got out of my surgery and for a week or so after that, my stomach was tiny. But, then I ballooned up, and, while I'm not big or anything, I am bigger than I'd like to be. So do patients tend to go back to the size they were right after surgery, before all the swelling took place?

Wait for swelling to all subside

+1
You should if you continue to follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen and wait for the swelling to subside. 

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

+1

You should be fairly settled down now; however, depending on the amount of liposuction performed, and the location, of course, I generally keep my patients in a compression garment for 4 to 6 weeks, which minimizes swelling and formation of fluid. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Your complaints suggest that you have post-op swelling which in most cases is normal. Give it time to heal.

Temporary Lymphedema After Liposuction

+1

What you are experiencing is known as lymphedema due to partial obstruction of lymphatic outflow in the treated areas. This is a temporary phenomenon that occurs in all liposuction patients for the first few months after surgery. It is a self-solving problem as the lymphatic channels heal and reopen. This will restore the shape back to what you saw right after surgery. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD