Will I Be Able to Go Back to School After 2 Weeks?

I am looking into having rhinoplasty in 2013. I will be 16 so I'll need to have time off school and I was wondering if the 2 weeks I get off school in Easter will be enough time to have the surgery and enough of the swelling to have gone down so it isn't really noticeable.(Obviously people will know I had a nose job, I just don't want my whole ace to be swollen I will need a lot of work done, because my whole nose is huge, too pointy and doesn't fit in on my face. Will 2 weeks be enough time?

+1

Two weeks should not be a problem at all barring any complications.  I generally keep the splints on my rhinoplasty patients for one week.  Bruising, of course, depends on skin tone and type and the extent of the work done, but is usually gone within the two week period.  Your surgeon has most likely told you that final results from rhinoplasty often take up to a year and swelling is very persistent, but is generally not noticed by other people. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Appearance 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

two weeks after your rhinoplasty you should feel comfortable in public. You will have some restrictions of strenuous physical activities but obvious swelling and bruising will have resolved. The aesthetician in our office helps patients with their make-up after surgery.

2 weeks recovery enough

+1

In most circumstances 2 weeks of recovery is more than enough - most are able to be in public in 1 week, especially will help of concealer

Sam Naficy, MD

How much time to take off from school after rhinoplasty

+1

Two weeks should be enough time for you to recover from rhinoplasty surgery before heading back to school. Most people take 1-2 weeks off from work/school after rhinoplasty surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Back to school 2 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, I think it is very reasonable for you to expect to be able to return to school 2 weeks after your rhinoplasty. Most if not all of the bruising should be gone and the early swelling should be settling down. Go for it.

Ronald Schuster, MD