Back Pain and Numbness After Tummy Tuck and Thigh Liposuction

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the back sides and inner thighs. My legs have gone down a lot and still have a little bit of pain, but my lower back feels hard and hurts. My back is also numb 2 weeks after the lipo and tuck. Is that normal?

Temporary firmness and numbness normal after liposuction.

+1

Hi.

Nothing that you are describing sounds worrisome, but see your plastic surgeon anyway, now and two weeks from now, to make sure you are progressing.

Lymphatic drainage massage can help a lot to speed recovery.

Tummy Tuck back pain and numbness

+1

It is very normal to be numb in the tummy area especially this close after your operating date. When we operate in this area many nerve endings are cut and then it takes time for them to regenerate and sometimes the numbness never fully comes back in some areas of the tummy. If you have a tummy garment which I normally provide to the patient it really helps with supporting your back for weeks after tummy surgery. You could also purchase a supportive panty girdle and wear it to help with back pain. As your normal activity increases you should be feeling better and the numbness will hopefully go away. Hope you feel better soon.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

All sound normal for now

+1

You are stil quite early after the tummy tuck and lipo. It is normal to be numb for many months. The firmness typically remains and actually increases for up to 6 weeks after surgery before softening. This is a normal process of wound healing and is called scar proliferation and maturation.

I would not be concerned for now unless this persists.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.