I Had to Go Back in to Remove Extra Fat Under One Eye After a Lower Bleph. 3 Weeks Later my Under Eye is Still Swollen?

Is this normal or will my doctor need to go back in and remove more fat? My under eye tingles sometimes.

Swollen under eye after revision lower blepharoplasty

+1

At 3 weeks after lower blepharoplasty, whether it be a revision or not, it would not be unusual to have some swelling still present.  It may take several months for all of the swelling to resolve before you see the final result.  I would definitely give it some more time and most likely, the appearance will improve as the swelling subsides.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Complete resolution of swelling may take several weeks after blepharoplasty.

+1

Because of the unilateral revision one eye is beyond the other in the long-term convalescence. Time should allow this difference to melt away.

Asymmetric swelling after lower blepharoplasty

+1

Without photos it is difficult to assess the problem you describe.  It sounds like your surgeon determined that you needed additional fat from one eye.  It is not surprising that there is noticable swelling in this area 3 weeks after surgery.  This should gradually resolve but there will be asymmetry with the unoperated eye for several weeks.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

No, it is not normal to have to go back and fish out more fat right after a surgery.

+1

However, things happen.  Your surgeon may have decided that this would be necessary for your long term satisfaction and it can make sense to address a minor issue in the immediate post-operative period under the right circumstances.  Of course, this does stir up swelling so the fact that you are still swollen is not so surprising.  

Asymmetry after unilateral blepharoplasty revision

+1

If you had a re-operation on only one eye then you can expect there to be some degree of asymmetry for several weeks.