Back in May I had nerve damage during Radiesse injections. Can I continue to get injections or will it cause further damage?

I suffered severe pain and numbness -even a horrible break out in the area. While the area was healing, I felt lots of nerve activity under the skin. That has stopped. Some numbess persists from upper lip to the lower lid. When I drink something cold, the sensation of coldness goes all the way to my lower lid. A light touch on my cheek area feels nervy, though not painful. Here's my very vain question... I need injections again. Should I do it, or is this courting trouble?

Nerve damage during #Radiesse injections.

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience which is, fortunately, very rare.  However, I would not be comfortable injecting you with the same product until you have a clear resolution from the first episode.  It does not sound typical at all, but going ahead with the same treatment without knowing the explanation seems unwise.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Radiesse after nerve damage

+1

I would definitely wait. It will be wiser to wait until everything has resolved and then see your provider for further evaluation based on his/her protocol. Good luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Radiesse

+1

In cases like your, I would not inject any filler to my patients unless all and every symptom is completely resolved and back to normal. Then I may consider it

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com