Back to Gym 3 Weeks Post-op After Lipo?

I'm almost 3 weeks post-op from lipo in my abdomen, flanks, back, and inner thighs. I also had an areola reduction and my doctor said to wait a month to resume exercise. But I was wondering what would happen if I start a week early? I wouldn't do anything high impact or too heavy. I'm just missing the movement. I feel great now, have a lot of energy, and preop I was very active. I'm 23, run 5ks a few times a week, lift weights, and eat very healthy. Thank you!

Resuming activity after liposuction

+2

Thanks for your question.  In general, I allow patients to start increasing their activities two weeks following liposuction.  It is very important not to stress your areolar reduction too early.  Call your doctor and discuss this with them.  They may be totally fine with you starting to resume some activity as long as you take it easy.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Back to Gym 3 Weeks Post-op After Lipo?

+1

As a bodybuilder and as a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures a year, I can tell you that there is great variability in the manner in which liposuction is performed and the amount that is liposuctioned.  Your plastic surgeon is really in the best position to answer this, because he or she knows how much was removed and where.  Fluid collections after liposuction typically occur in the lower abdomen if they are going to occur.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

So Close, so Wait

+1

You have come this far there is no reason not to wait the recommended amount of time so that you will not negatively impact your results. The last thing you need is a seroma at this point.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS