How Often Do I Need to Go Back for Dermal Fillers in my Chin?

How often do I need to go back for dermal fillers in my chin? I think my doctor used juvederm or sculptra. I can't remember which one. I loved the results, but it's been about 2 1/2 months and I'm already seeing the return of my flattened chin. I expected results to last longer, so I don't know if this is typical. What is the ideal filler to use to avoid such frequent doctor visits? Thanks for your replies!

Chin Augmentation

+1

While duration will vary greatly from one patient to another, radiesse may be a superior product than juvederm for chin augmentation due to the fact that radiesse will last about a year as opposed to juvederm which will last about 6 months.

Chin Augmentation With Volumizing Fillers Can Yield Gratifying Results

+1

A recessed chin can result from a genetic predisposition or a loss of chin bone and muscle changes with aging. Such changes can throw off Steiner's Line, an imaginary line drawn from the tip of the nose to the tip of the chin, which should ideally should intercept the lips.

Whatever the cause, nonsurgically volumizing the chin can be accomplished in minutes with volumizing agents, which can be injected to create or re-create more desirable chin proportions. In the U.S., I prefer to use Radiesse for this purpose, which tends to give good lift and to last longer. In my practice abroad, I use Restylane SQ, alone or in combination with Radiesse, which gives a more substantial lift and lasts still longer.

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Filler in chin

+1

For adding volume to the chin I would prefer using per land or radiesse. They will last longer. Perlane maybe 9-12 months and radiesse 12-18. Might last less time in other areas but seem to get more time out of chin . 

Birmingham Dermatologist

+1

It depends on the type and amount of the filler used for the Chin Augmentation.  I prefer using Perlane or Radiesse which are thicker than Juvederm or Restyalne.  Perlane lasts about 9 months while Radiesse lasts 1 year.  I use Chin Implants for a permanent augmentation.  IMHO Juvederm, Restylane or Sculptra are not thick enough for facial shaping or contouring and Perlane or Radiesse are better choices.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Dermal Fillers for the Chin

+1

Dermal fillers are a great way to augment the chin without surgery.  The most popular fillers would be Juvederm Ultra Plus XC and Radiesse.  If you have never had a filler, I would suggest the Juvederm first as it can be melted away with another injection, Vitrase, if you do not like the results.  Radiesse is also great and you get a little more volume for about the same about of money.  However, the Radiesse cannot be removed once it is injected so you need to make sure you like the look of the augmented chin.  In general, the fillers should last 6 to 9 months and sometimes longer.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.Shafer PlasticSurgery.com

Dermal fillers for the chin.

+1

If you are talking about fillers for the "cracks" that would be Juvederm or Radiesse. Radiesse lasts up to 2 years and it depends on how deep the cracks are. If superficial, then Juvederm is better and lasts about 9-12 months.