Does Back Fat Removal Help Decrease Waistline?

What if you don't have much body fat on your abs but hold it on your lower back? If you remove the fat from the lower back does your waist become smaller?

Liposuction of back and hips

+2

Removing fat from your sides and lower back can accentuate your waist, especially if done with a tummy tuck. By removing fat from the lower back, the transition from your back to your buttock is accentuated, giving you more shapely curves not only from the front view, but from the side profile as well. In the right patient it works great!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Back and Hips

+1

May help your waistline and you may be able to fit into smaller waist jeans, but it would be several months before you see that affect.

What I do tell my patients is that dont count on liposuction to help you lose any weight or change you pants size, but it will give you a more shapely waist or body. 

Farbod Esmailian, MD