Please Recommend a Doctor Specializing in Liposuction of Back Fat?

I have a large pocket of fat on my back under my bra strap. I am having trouble finding specialist that can or have performed Liposuction in this area.

Are there cosmetic surgeons that specialize in the back area? I am an average size woman but have a FAT BACK. I need help!!

Back Liposuction doctor in NC

Hi Donna,

The procedure is a very commonly done one and any board certified Plastic surgeon should be able to get you a good result.

Plus - North Carolina has lots of good Plastic surgeons. I trained at Duke and some of my colleagues are all over the state.

Your best bet is to go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons ( and use its surgeon finder to find a colleague who is close to you. I would then visit 2-3 of them and see how you like them. Pick the one you like the best and you will hardly ever "go wrong".

Good Luck.

Getting rid of fat under the bra straps helps you look great

Liposuction does a wonderful job of getting rid of the fat under the bra straps and can be done under local anesthesia with only 1-2 days downtime. Usually we do the posterior axillae and the mid back together (this is the areas from the armpits to the middle of the back) at a rough cost of $4000-4500. You will be so happy you did it.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon