How Soon, Can I Go Back to Exercise After VASER for Gynecomastia?

I had VASER lipo almost 1 month ago for gynecomastia. I developed an hematoma at the 2nd wk, which was successfully aspirated with a syringe by my doc from my right side (20cc total). Otherwise no problem. I am a 45 y/o healthy and very active guy,.. how soon can I resume my exercise activities which include: Bicycling, elliptical trainer, weights. ??

About 2-3 weeks or longer depending on the extent of your surgery

+1
Athletic activities usually have to wait until approximately 2 to 3 weeks or longer depending on the type of gynecomastia performed. You should ask your surgeon since they have specific information related to your situation and they may have different guidelines.

Exercise after Gynecomastia surgery

+1

A compression vest should be worn for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery to control swelling and promote skin contraction. Formal exercise should not resume until 6 weeks after surgery. Due to the hematoma, you should start the clock over or get clearance from your surgeon. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

How soon back to exercise after gynecomastia repair (male breast reduction) ?

+1

Generally patients can go back to exercise one month after having VASER liposuction. Having a hematoma sets you back a little bit. So you may be a week or so behind. You should be able to go back to exercise at about five weeks. However you need to discuss this with your doctor since he can see the amount of progress you've made in healing.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma after Gynecomastia repair (male breast reduction) and exercise activity restricitons and limitations

+1

In a case such as this with a delayed hematoma, I am more inclined to adivsie you to refrain from exercise for 6 weeks after the surgery and only when your surgeon permits.

Gynecomastia

+1

After any surgery ask your surgeon for post operative instructions. The internet is not the forum to replace your doctor, calll your doctor and follow his/her advise