Ask a doctor

Severe Chest and Back Acne Scars Treatment?

I am 49 years old and I have severe scarring on my chest and back from acne as a teenager and into my 20's. I have blackheads, keloid scarring and pits. I was told the blood flow to the back and chest ares is not as prevelant as to the face so not all the same treatments are available. How can I improve the skin on my back and chest scarred from severe acne?

Doctor Answers (1)

Treatment of acne scars on the chest and back


These old acne scars on the chest and back can be improved with the following scar revision techniques:

  1. Melaquin PM topical cream
  2. MelaPeel chemical peel
  3. Selective IIT
  4. Pulsed Dye Scar Laser

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.