Do I Appear to Be a Candidate for Liposuction of the Abs/back/flanks? (photo)

I used to have a very curvy figure, but after taking lupron for 1 year I gained 20lbs and I no longer have a waist. I would like to get my waist back. I've had under-bra rolls even when I was a size 4, so is it possible for my back rolls to ever go away with lipo? How many spots of lipo does it appear I would need done? I understand some physicians charge X for the first area and Y for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th area. Is this how lipo cost is usually structured? (What is a ballpark estimate for price?)

The best candidate for liposuction

+3

You are the best candidate for liposuction when you have reached your 'ideal' body weight, the one you plan to maintain, and have localised fat deposits. Certainly, you would benefit from liposuction of the abdomen, and waist, straight around front to back. We don't subscribe to the 'area'  pricing other than trunk, or extremity as a unit though others have their preference. The ballpark fee is around $5,800.

Peter Johnson, MD.

Lipo after weight gain

+3

Liposuction is a powerful tool to change your shape but weak at losing weight.  Many areas of your back, flanks, hips, and abdomen might benefit from liposuction but I would encourage you to work on weight loss first.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate what your needs are after you get to your more ideal weight.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Multiple areas may need to be done in 2 lipo procedures.

+2

To be very thorough and make a dramatic improvement, I would recommend doing all the areas in 2 procedures.  One would be the upper and lower abdomen and the other would be the hips, midback rolls and axillae(armpit areas).  Each lipo would run roughly $5000  on special and could be done 1 week apart and done under local tumescent technique with the micro cannulas.  You would be back to work in 2 days and exercising again in 1 week.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Appropriateness of liposuction

+2
Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss. If you have gained weight, attempting to lose it would be your first recourse. Photographs are not a substitute for a physical examination, but it would appear that a tummy tuck might be more appropriate for you than liposuction of the abdomen.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Candidate for Liposuction

+1
Candidacy for surgery will ultimately depend on your medical history and health.  If you do not have any medical problems that would prevent you from having surgery, then there does appear to be some areas that can undergo liposuction.  Your flanks and abdomen, back bra-roll and arms could be thinner.  With that said, costs are broken down per area of liposuction.  Keep in mind that only around 5 liters of fat can be safely removed per day. Your procedures would need to be broken down on two different days.  According to your pricing, then X would be your abdomen plus operating room fees.  Y would be an add-on.  You are already paying for the operating room, so that is why it is not as high in cost.

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Liposuction?

+1
It's hard to tell from photos alone but it looks like a tummy tuck is a better choice for your abdominal area. Liposuction can be used for improving the flanks and back rolls. At my Austin, Texas area plastic surgery clinic tummy tucks start at $5,999 and include surgeons fees, anesthesia, and hospital OR fees. Cheers, Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Do I Appear to Be a Candidate for Liposuction of the Abs/back/flanks?

+1

Based on the posted photos lipo would be good for the back and flanks. But the abdomen might be better served with a full TT. 

Liposuction

+1

It appears from your posted photos that you would benefit from liposuction. You need to see a surgeon face to face in order to get pricing, know what areas are amenable to the procedure and develop a reasonable idea/expectation of what the procedure would deliver in terms of results.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD