Back and Side Soreness 5 Weeks After Abdomiplasty?

I had abdomiplasty, hernia & diastasis repair surgery 5 weeks ago. I've been taking easy and feeling pretty good, and the recovery hasn't been that bad at all. But a couple days ago, my back and sides (not stomach) really started hurting and it hasn't gone away. The pain and soreness kind of feels like I've been in an accident! Is this a result of the lipo or overdoing it or carrying things that were too heavy? Just want to know if this is normal? Thx!

Pain post tummy

+1

This may be due to the fact you felt great and became a little tooactive post op and over did it.I would go back to your surgeon and have him check it out. 

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

+1

Without an exam and more info, it is not possible to make a precise diagnosis here. 

It is quite common for patients to have increased discomfort as they resume what were normal activities. It would be best for you to discuss specifics with your surgeon.

Thanks, and best wishes. 

Back/Side Discomfort after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure;  it sounds like you have had relatively smooth sailing.

Although I cannot provide you with precise advice online, you should be aware that some back/side discomfort is very commonly experienced after tummy tuck surgery. Usually, this discomfort is related to the position that patients sit/sleep in for many weeks.

This discomfort usually subsides over the course of days/week as patients are able to sleep on their sides, increase activity level, have massages of the back area performed…  Depending on the severity, the use of anti-inflammatories and/or muscle relaxant's may be helpful temporarily.

Again, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise and/or reassure you most accurately.

Back and Side Soreness After Tummy Tuck

+1

This could be normal at 5 weeks, particularly if you have been carrying items or performing any strenuous activity.  If the pain does not resolve or gets worse, contact your physician.