Surgeon "Popped" Arm Muscle for Underarm Incision for Breast Implants

Had my BA 3 weeks ago and doc had to pop muscle in my arms...(incision is underarm). My other arm me said to put more pressure on in my massages but can raise it straight but with pain. The other arm he popped the muscle is perfectly fine but now i feel a ball on the other arm muscle. Is this normal? Im sure he will have to pop this one too.

+1

This is not a medical term. Perhaps you mean a closed capsulotomy. However this is not a common practice at this point in time.

Popping an arm muscle?

+1

I never hear of popping an arm muscle?  What exactly was this done for and how was it done.  As for a lump, I would check with your doctor.

"Popped" Arm Muscle?

+1

To be honest, I am not sure what arm muscle was "popped" or what that would even be necessary for.  Usually you have to release the pectoralis muscle at its insertions into the ribs and costal cartilage, but this has nothing to do with any sort of arm muscle/motion.  I would discuss this with your surgeon specifically to know what exactly was "popped" or released before I would let he/she do anything else, since this is out of the standard realm of normal for a transax breast augmentation.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon