I Had BA a Week Ago and Need Them to Be Smaller?

I am 5'7" athletic build and 130lbs. I had 370cc Naturelle silicone under muscle. I love the shape but this size is way to big. Recovery was fine and I have very little swelling but NEED to go down in size. I am a big runner and play sports which seems impossible with these things! What do I do?? This is something that I will not get used to. When can I get smaller implants and what will that involve? What size would fit me better and get me much closer to a B vs a C/D?

Breast Surgery

+1
Dont worry you will likely come down the appearance of about 50cc because of the swelling from surgery

Relax your breasts will get much smaller after 4-6 weeks post breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question. One week is far too early to be concerned about the size of your breast implants. As your tissues relax the breast implant will become softer, will drop and will look much more natural and smaller. Please express your concerns to your plastic surgeon. Exchange of implant should wait 6 months to a year after breast augmentation

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Wanting to be a smaller size after breast augmentation

+1

You are early and your breast shape will certainly change over the next 3 months.  Try not to fixated on implant volume rather focus in on shape and contour. I try to finalize breast implant size prior to surgery and not make changes in the operating room.  The Vectra 3 D imaging systems helps tremendously with the very problem.

Breasts too big

+1

If you were my patient, I would NOT TOUCH you at this stage.  I have patients (some great stories really) that are really anxious during the first several weeks and interestingly, many that are the most anxious are athletic and runners !!   I would give you about 3-6 months to settle down and then make decisions.  You would be surprised at how few patients will change their implants after they see the final result with the swelling gone and the breasts taking the final shape.  This is NOT your final result.  You must be patient.  This is not a huge implant whatsoever !   Having said this, if you NEED to change the implants and you cannot wait, then you need to express this to your ps and make decisions.  As mentioned earlier, in my practice we would have long discussions about patience and I would show you the dramatic difference that each passing week/month makes.  Be open about waiting.   It is very difficult for a ps to make the best judgement for a patient in the midst of any type of demading conversations about wanting another operation immediately.  Work with your ps to do the safest and best approach to this issue.  When you do thousands of these procedures, as a ps you can look much further than the patient into the future and you realize that time does so much for changes for the better and smaller for the patient. 

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Wants smaller implants

+1

Without seeing before and after photos and not knowing your breast diameter I cant't give you specific advice. I usually find that 200cc equals about a cup size, so I'm guessing you started as a full A cup. 

-if you are truly a C/D cup (different brands of bras fit differently), you should need only a 200cc or smaller implant

-you can change the implant at any time

-however, I would typically recommend that you be patient for 2-4 months to allow muscle relaxation. Often a woman will feel the size is much more satisfactory at that point

Again it is impossible for me to give you specific advice. You should definitely continue follow-up with your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him or her. Thanks for your question.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Large Implants After Breast Augmentation

+1

At one week post-op, you are mostly with swollen breasts and it is best to be patient so the final results will get established; nature will take its course and your recovery will provide you with an enhanced look and more definition that you probably have currently.

Usually, patients tend to be satisfied with the size of their implants after the swelling is completely resolved but if by then you remain unsatisfied with the size of your implants, the main approach to consider will be surgical to replace them with a smaller size.

Meanwhile, it is imperative that you follow your surgeon's instructions religiously.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Really sure you are too big, change them now

+1

Of course communication isthe key to avoid the too big too small dilemma. Careful planning and understanding will get you the result you are hoping for, the one that is 'you'. If you are very certain the implants are too large then this is the time to replace them. Down 100cc is the best bet for you.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Implants and smaller

+1

Sorry, that you are unhappy but at one week they will definitely be swollen and will look a bit different in a few months. Be that as it may, implants can be removed at any time.

+1

If you are really sure, they could be changed anytime. If you have any nagging doubt, wait, because many before you have changed their minds before redoing their surgery.

Without photos, before surgery and now, and without an idea of what size you were before your surgery, I wouldn't try to guess an implant size for you.  Your surgeon can help.

Expect less discomfort than after the primary. Expect to be charged for implants, operating room fee and anesthesia. As far as surgeon's fee, each office will have its own policy as to whether the fee is discounted.