Just had Breast Augmentation, now I'm having thought of Tummy Tuck. Am I addicted?

I just had a BA on 2/25 & I'm really liking my results. I always said I would never get plastic surgery but after three csections I really need a TT! Ok I don't need it, I want it! Is this common, does one procedure really lead to another? What if I get a TT then I want lipo?! How long should I wait if I do decided to go ahead with surgery? I'm a healthy 26 year old & I'm back to pre-baby weight of 130.

Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your question. Simply wanting an additional procedure or two after having a pleasing result does not make you a plastic surgery addict. We frequently perform "Mommy Makeovers", doing breast surgery and tummy tuck with liposuction after women have finished childbearing. As long as your expectations are realistic, addiction shouldn't be a concern at this point. Best of luck to you.

+1
   Contemplating a second cosmetic surgery does not constitute addiction.  Having a good experience with one procedure to your body may make you more likely to seek a second procedure.

Motivations vary by individuals

+1
and if you can examine yours, it will show you whether this is an addiction or not.  You should bring this up in your discussions with your plastic surgeon as he/she will be best to determine if you have an 'addiction'.

Curtis Wong, MD

TT

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedure and technique will be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck after breast augmentation

+1
There is a long way between what you describe and being "addicted" to plastic surgery. What is more commonly a problem is something called Body Dysmorphic Disorder wherein a person perseverates about a particular issue in their image, requiring and requesting surgery either over and over again on that one part or constantly worrying about the appearance of that one part. This represents an important problem and one that needs to be solved without surgery.  Desiring to look better in more than one area of your body is very probably normal.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgeries

+1
It is not abnormal or meaning an addiction after a surgery that was successful now wanting another one. 
It is completely understandable wanting to feel more confident within yourself, wear what you want, wear a bikini and feel beautiful and attractive and love how you look dressed and naked. 
A Tummy Tuck with muscle repair and some lipo will do wonders on your body and will make you think: I should've done it before!!!!
Be encouraged. You will be loving your results.
dr. Cardenas

Tummy tuck after breast augmentation

+1
What you are describing is very common in cosmetic surgery and not what I would call an addiction.  When you have a good result from a cosmetic procedure such as a breast augmentation, it is natural to think about what other things can be done.  Make sure you are fully recovered physically and emotionally before proceeding with any further surgery.

+1
What you are planning is not unusual and certainly does not make you an “addict”.  In other words, it is not unusual for patients who've had a good experience with one procedure to feel more comfortable proceeding with another.  Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not  smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps as you learn more about tummy tuck surgery.

Tummy tuck aftet 3 sections, good experience after breast augmentation.

+1
Thanks for sharing your story.

It is not uncommon to have a good experience with breast augmentation and then later become interested in other procedures.  This is not the sign of addiction to plastic surgery.

Many things affect the form of the body including age, weight loss, and pregnancy.  If you are a good candidate for another procedure like tummy tuck a consultation with a good plastic surgeon can help you decide what is best for you.  In general it is best to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy before considering most plastic surgery procedures.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Addicted to Plastic Surgery?

+1
Having a great experience with one surgical procedure and then considering another does not sound like an addiction. In fact, one of the most popular surgical procedures for women is the mommy makeover which incorporates breast surgery and a tummy tuck to help a woman look and feel more like she did before children.

I question whether someone is in a good psychological state for plastic surgery if I sense that one procedure will always lead to another. I also have concerns, and in fact will not perform surgery on people who think that plastic surgery is the answer to any and all problems they might have.  

If your goal is simply to make your abs "match" your breasts you are likely a good candidate for plastic surgery. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon