Had BA Silicone Gel Implants 10 Days Ago, Had a HUGE Bear Hug, Felt a Burst in R Breast, a Lot of Pain, Now my R Breast is Hard?

My surgery went well overall. I like my surgeon and even a few days post op I felt pretty good. My Right breast started to give me more pain as time went on primarily in the morning.My Left breast has had no problems at all. I went out with a friend who gave me HUGE bear hug, I felt pressure, and a burst inside of the R breast. I was immediately in a pain scale of 10. Dr told me to ice and ibuprofen. I did but my R breast size was smaller, extremely hard and now the pain has moved into my arm.

Sounds Like Hematoma After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. Pressure on your chest soon after breast augmentation followed by a pop, severe pain and hard breast sounds like a hematoma. You should be examined by your surgeon and if hematoma present it should be removed, bleeding stopped, implant cavity irrigated and new implant inserted if tissues healthy. If tissues cannot be safely closed wait 3-6 months before re insertion.

Buggy bear concern

+1

Most likely not a concern of implant rupture. At 10 days my concern would  be if a small bleed started (hematoma). Hardness would be indicative of this.

Joseph Barnthouse, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Unilateral Breast Hardness 10 days after Breast Augmentation

+1
Agree with most of the responses to date.  Untreated hematomas can result in long term issues with capsular contracture.  Hematomas may require surgical drainage, but sometimes be dealt with "needle" aspiration.  This needs to be addressed sooner rather than later, but the report of the Right breast being smaller now is not what one would anticipate. You need to be evaluated in person.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Possible muscle spasm 10 days after a breast augmentation

+1

May just be a spasm of the pectoralis muscle.  I would doubt that this is a rupture of a saline implant but it is possible.  An examination by your plastic surgeon is on order.  

Hematoma?

+1

You could have had hematoma from the squeeze. Best to be seen in person by your surgeon. Good luck.

Visit your doctor asap

+1

Your friend's hug may have cause a hematoma so you should see your doctor today and have them check you out.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

A large pop with a tight breast five days after breast augmentation is probably a hematoma.

+1

Without examination it is impossible to say whether or not you have sustained a hematoma. But from the history you give this is the most likely diagnosis and should be seen immediately by your plastic surgeon.

Trauma after breast augmentation

+1

I would suggest that you contact your plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation to rule out a hematoma, which is the most likely diagnosis.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Felt a Burst in R Breast, a Lot of Pain, Now my R Breast is Hard

+1

You need to see your surgeon. Any reassurance you get over the internet may be false reassurance. You could have an injury to the implant, or a hematoma among the possibilities, and those cannot be diagnoses without an examination. 

All the best.