BA Revision With Larger Implants, How Will I Know I'm Choosing The Right Amount of Cc's?

I am 5'6", 218lbs and was originally a 38A (only because could not find 40A bras) before my BA. I had saline implanted and overfilled to 490cc/520ccs. Came out to only a 40B size, so my PS and I decided to do revision surgery to make larger. We are talking of going up to around 650ccs, but I want to make sure we get it right this time. Is there something I can do at home to play around with sizes just to get some idea. I heard something about rice. So many cups of rice equals so many cc's??

Breast Implant Sizing For Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Unfortunately, the “rice  test” (like many other breast sizing techniques used)  is an imprecise method to determine the size of breast implant that may achieve the patient's goals.

During the preoperative consultations, patient and surgeon communication is critical if a patient's goals are to be achieved during the breast augmentation procedure.

In regards to communication I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.   I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

How to choose the right implant size?

+1

A board certified plastic surgeon should be able to guide you in your decision making. You can try different implants in the office and take into consideration that 150-200 cc's equals a cup size. I like to use the Vectra 3d system, so that the patients can visualize what the implants will look like before undergoing surgery with good accuracy. 

Web reference: http://www.elpasoplasticsurgery.com/pages/dr-agullo

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation by the numbers

+1

The rice test, or placing implants into the bra can only give a rough sense as to the actual implant size needed for a particular 'look' after breast augmentation. Unfortunately excellence is the result of an experienced surgeon capable of making the right call for the look you are after. Pick the number yourself? Kind of a gamble we think. If the surgeon tells you that you must decide, decide on another surgeon.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Estimating breast implant size with rice

+1

There are several techniques that can be used to estimate breast implant size.  Many surgeons have an array of different sized implant samples in their office that you can try on to get an idea of how they will look.

Another common method is to use rice at home.  To use rice it's easier to measure it out in milliliters (mL).  If you use cups the math gets complicated since 1 cup = about 237cc.   However 1 mL = 1 cc.   You can fill up a plastic bag or stocking with the volume you would like to try and see how that looks inside your bra of preference. 

Just remember, this only gives you an idea of what the results will appear like and doesn't account for how your breast tissue, skin and possibly muscle will accommodate over the implant.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-revision-westchester-ny/