BA Post Op Hematoma? (photo)

I underwent BA little over a week ago and I am little bit worried about post op hematoma. My left breast feels different, is slightly larger, sore, and more bruised than the other. Bruise under the breast feels hard. I had some bruises almost immediately after the surgery, but not like this.

Small Hematoma

+2

It does look like you may have a small hematoma on the left .  It is small and the size of your breast size is not significant enlarged.  I do not think your plastic surgeon should examine you for the firmness and discomfort. Sometime it is fine to leave a small amount of blood but nothing significant.  Work with your doc.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/

Bruising and Swelling may occur after Breast Implants

+2

You appear to have bruising and swelling that is bilaterally symmetrical and not suggestive of a hematoma.  A hematoma causes profound enlargement usually on one side only but occasionally bilateral.  If worried about anything, the best course is to see your surgeon and have an assessment.    Your surgeon would be easily able to assess and comfort you.  Of course, if a problem existed your surgeon could correct it.   Always go and see your surgeon.  Never sit and worry.  My best  Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Postop hematoma

+2

Although you have some postop bruising, it is difficult to determine if indeed you have any significant hematoma based on photos alone.  Therefore, it is important you see your plastic surgeon for an evaluation and peace of mind.

Hematoma after surgery

+2

Photos alone can never tell if a significant hematoma exists.  Bruising doesn't tell you either.  It is a combination of firmness, bruising and size difference.  Go see your surgeon.

BA Post Op Hematoma?

+2

SEEK immediate medical evaluation from the operative surgeon for peace of mind. Over the internet even with great posted  photos we can not really tell if you have a hematoma. ONLY in person evaluation possible sonogram can help. It appears as a mild bleeding event but I am not sure that is why I recommend IN PERSON care. 

Hematoma after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description  and pictures, it is very likely that you are dealing with significant swelling/bruising as opposed to a true “hematoma”. This will take time to resolve; warm compresses may be helpful.

Most importantly, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to advise you;  direct physical examination will always provide more information that can be provided with online pictures…

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast augmentation hematoma

+2

Hard to say without an exam but you do have significant bruising. I recommend Arnica Montana for my patients to reduce bruising and swelling. Please see your doctor for follow up.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma?

+2

Your photos suggest some bruising after surgery. As for a significant hematoma, it is hard to say from just a photo.  An exam would be helpful.

Hematoma After Breast Augmentation

+2

Dear  Darra,

Your photos show a small hematoma on your right breast as well as bruising all over the breasts area.

At one week post-op, I advise you to be a little more patient as your body should be able to take care of this blood collection (hematoma).

Keeping your surgeon in the loop of your progress is essential as he/she knows the fullest details of your surgery. Also, it may be a good idea to talk with your surgeon about the Arnika supplement as it may help your situation.

Thank you for your inquiry and best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Hematoma?

+2

You bruising suggests a small amount of bleeding but not necessarily a large hematoma. A hematoma would be a collection of blood within the space around the implant. When these are large, they are obvious, with marked swelling and tenderness. Sometime there can simply be a some bleeding that moves downward beneath the skin, causing the bruises that you have. This does not need any surgery. Follow your surgeon's instructions.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.