BA Soon! Please Help! What Size Should I Get? How About Stretch Marks?

I'm 5'7 but look taller. I weight 170-175lbs, 34B or probably A but B looks fine, and I'm doing a BA. I checked out the doctors where I chose to have the surgery done and some are great but some are not. The one I saw(who didnt want to tell me) told the coordinator he wants in me 750cc and I think thats WAY TOO BIG! I'm scared so I'm going back to see another one. I have STRETCH MARKS already. I'm scared they might get bigger. I think I want about a D or so? CC's? I want mid+ hp. HELP!

750 is a very large implant

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Even with the dimensions given it is hard to determine what you need without an in person consultation. I would consider trying sample implants and showing your surgeon pictures of your desired result to help determine the size implant that should be used.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Implant choices

+1

I spend a lot of time with my patients to determine the proper implant for them, The patient also has alot of input in the decision process.

B to D Cup Size Increase and How Many CC for my Breast Augmentation

+1

If you are a small B and you want to be a full D, that is about 2.5 cups you need.  This may be 500 cc in an average size woman.  You will have to try on sizers in the office to get a sense of the size you want.  Then, you will have to determine if that is appropriate for your chest wall width.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Making sure your breast implants size is right for you

+1

It's important to voice your concerns to your plastic surgeon about implant size.  Having done hundreds of breast augmentations I have my patients take samples of implants and place them in their bra to get a real-life idea of how their breasts will look.  I also tell my patients to bring in photos of breasts they like to give me an idea of what size they're looking for.  Good luck! 

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D or so” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

What Size Should I Get?

+1

This decision is best made in the consultation room, not on line, and it is really not possible to make a worthwhile guess without some photos. 750 cc may make you a DD or larger, so I share your concern.

I like to have patients try on implants in the office, and use that info to choose the implant size--usually about 10% larger than the trial that looked good, since the implants look larger on top of the breast than when placed surgically. 

Do get at least one other consultation. All the best. 

Selecting size for breast implants

+1

Selecting breast implant size is not easy.  There are several ways of doing that.
1 Guessing based on previous experience

2 Measurement of the base in the office

3 Computer modeling

4 Trying different implants in the office

5 and old fashioned sock method

It is important to select the size that is fit for your body.  I would not focus only on the number of ccs but rather look at what your chest wall width is and how much increase you are looking for. 

A thin 5'0" patient who weighs 100 lb will need smaller implant to get to D from A, than a taller or larger patient.

Stretch murks may get better or worth regardless of size selection.  I have seen the patients develop stratch marks with 280 cc implant.

My suggestion is to have the base of your breast measured first.  Than you may try implants in your plastic surgeon office and see if they are too heavy for your back.  After that you can determine with your surgeon better what size fits better in your overall image. 

Some surgeons use computer modeling.  I like it but I think that nothing can replace measuring and trying the weight on.

If you require a lift at the same time, then the process is more complicated.

Boris Volshteyn, MD, MS
East Brunswick Plastic Surgeon