Third Breast Augmentation in 9 Months - What Should I Do?

Right implant ruptured 7 months post op. So PS redid both implants. 2nd surgery I noticed small hole w/ leakage in incision. The implant dropped thru it, so PS said he'd fix it again. 3rd surgery, I'm bruised and left breast is distorted looking? PS said to massage aggresively

Breast implant revisions performed for the third time

+2

This view makes it difficult to assess your condition. As long as no complications have occurred, I would give your breasts 6-9 months from now and re-assess your results at that time.

3 Breast Augmentations in one year and still unhappy

+2

Hi there-

It is very hard to know how to advise you without knowing more details of the procedures, and examining you... On the other hand, I think we know enough to say that your best bet is to give things time to settle and heal (at least 6 months). If you still have concerns, I would find a surgeon that has a lot of experience with revision breast augmentation surgery.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

3 breast augmentations within a year

+2

Hopefully third time is the charm.  I would let them heal and give it six months to a year to see how things have worked out before considering any future surgery on them.

If you had 3 failed Breast Augmentations in less than a year...

+2

Your photograph shows what appears to be an old periareolar breast lift/augmentation with irregular margins and areola and asymmetric, somewhat sagging breasts with implants with moderate bruising of the left breast.

Obviously, we do not have a full story here but If you had 3 failed Breast Augmentations in less than a year, I would not raise this record to 4. You should allow things to heal for at least 6 months when swelling would have resolved and then consider seeing a plastic surgeon who specializes in re-do breast surgery.

After 3 Breast Augmentations, Be Patient

+2

You look like you are in the early postoperative period.  I tell my patients to be gentle.  I don't believe that massage, especially aggressive massage is helpful in the early postoperative period as you will only cause more trauma to your healing tissues.  Your best bet is to give you body time to heal and keep in close contact with your surgeon so he can guide you.  Patience is very important.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon - www.ganchi.com

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

3rd Breast Surgery

+2

At this point, please don't rush into any more surgery.  It is best to wait and let the tissues settle and heal.  You look pretty fresh post-op in the photos, so issues like swelling and bruising will surely improve with time.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Third breast augmentation in 9 months

+2

Sorry for your issues. Thanks for the photo. I would leave everything alone for a year, I know it sounds hard to do. But you need maturation of the scars and area of surgery. Than have a 4th operation by a researched real expert in breast implant complications.

From MIAMI DR. B

Massage does not help after breast augmentation.

+2

Hi.

You have had a lot of surgery in nine months, and the best thing to do for the next six months is really nothing.  You cannot improve shape by massage, and you can interfere with healing.

Time often helps.  If not get another opinion in several months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast augmentation complications can be solved with patience

+2

The key to a smooth outcome with any given cosmetic procedure is a well qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. I hope you did your homework ahead, and have confidence in your surgeon. Breast augmentation complications are not common though do indeed occur, and when they do happen a solution is usually in sight. The leak of your implant after seven months (saline?) is very unusual. The exposure of your implant after replacement (infection?) is also very unusual. Now after your third revision the bruising in the left breast  after say three weeks if fairly typical, however the implant  or breast should not be misshapen, as both breasts should be smooth and symmetrical. It is hard to know what is going on and the 'aggressive massage' should probably wait until after a second exam and opinion by another board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

peterejohnsonmd

Healing first then evaluate after multiple augmentation revisions

+2

It is early in your post-op course so follow your plastic surgeon's advice. I presume your implants are silicone but you did not specify. Also, size may be an issue especially when the coverage becomes thin, as it appears may be the case, particularly with large implants. Unfortunately, the biggest predictor of re-operation is re-operation, and each time it can be more difficult. If there are continuing issues you may want to consider Strattice (www.renewingyou.com) but for now it is best to go with the recommendations of your surgeon and hopefully things will work out.

Richard Baxter, MD